Remember the days when MySpace was the social media platform to use? Well, these days, MySpace is obsolete, but we have more platforms to use than ever before: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Reddit, Snapchat…the list goes on. But while it might be great entertainment to watch William Shatner live tweet or to use a voice-changing filter on Snapchat, Facebook is still the best option when it comes to marketing your practice.
Why, You Ask?
Facebook can do it all. What started with simple status updates has exploded into a phenomenon that allows users to update their status without character limits, add photo albums, videos, and even live stream. As a business page user, Facebook provides users with data that allows them to refine their marketing efforts, such as when viewers are reading your posts and how many actually engage. Still not impressed? Checkout the statistics.
Facebook By the Numbers
- Facebook is used by 72% of adult internet users (Pew Research Center, 2015)
- Facebook posts that include images see 2.3 times more engagement than those without (Buzzsumo, 2015)
- Facebook has the most engaged users: 70% log on daily, including 43% who do so multiple times each day (Pew Research Center, 2015)
- 63% of Facebook users say each platform serves as a source for news about events and issues outside the realm of friends and family (Pew Research, 2015)
- Facebook sends 82% of social media traffic to longer stories and 84% to shorter news articles (Pew Research Center, 2016)
- Facebook content consumption has increased by 57% in the past two years (HubSpot, 2016)
- 76% of people use their Facebook feed to find interesting content (HubSpot, 2016)
- Facebook has 1.3 billion daily active users (Statista, 2016)
- 74% of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes (HubSpot, 2017)This is not to say that you should immediately go deactivate your Twitter account. Other social media platforms have their place, but when it comes to engaging with your current patients and driving new patient traffic, Facebook is the way to go.